We asked Londoners what their favorite hidden gems are and we came up with a list for vacationers wanting to see the other side of the city that only locals would have known.
London, the capital city of the United Kingdom, is a city full of history and culture. The most popular tourist spots include castles and museums. However, if you want something different than the usual tourist spots, here are some of the hidden gems of London recommended by Londoners themselves:
- Sir John Soane's Museum: The museum is the former residence of Sir John Soane, who was the architect of the Bank of London. Here you will find over 20,000 architectural drawings and antiquities.
- Wilton’s Music Hall: Book tickets and enjoy performances as you drink in the Mahogany Bar in this Victorian music hall.
- The Temple: Learn more about the history of law in London in The Temple.
- Firepower Woolwich: Located in The Royal Arsenal is the Royal Artillery Museum, which is the world's most important spots for ammunition manufacturing.
- Fulham Palace: While most tourists flock to National Trust properties, there are actually other stately homes and palaces that you can visit in London. Fullham Palace is one of them and it's free to enter!
- Camden Passage: A treasure trove of cute cafes, boutiques, and vintage shops, you will find exquisite items in Camden Passage.
London truly is an interesting city. Book your vacation with a travel agent today and get the best deals!